NR6 can be used for active Anterior or Posterior Rhinomanometry, with either the Broms or Standard technique as approved by the International Standardization Committee.
The resultant curves are displayed in the standard 4 phase format. In addition, it will calculate and display either the Rohrer coefficients or the Broms angle relating to the resultant curves.
Two versions of the instruments are available, the NR6 Clinical and the NR6 Clinical/Research the difference between them being the hardware and software facilities.
NR6 Clinical Version provides:
- An individual patient database, which holds patient details and stores test result files, in chronological order, for ease of display, print out and comparison.
- Files can be saved to disk and recalled for comparison, re-examination or printout.
- Tests can be performed using one of a number of techniques and reassessed by changing the reference or threshold points.
- Test results can be compared with ones previously stored. This comparison is presented in the form of a graphical display overlay with percentage change figures produced and is available for printout.
- A diagnostic facility, to help determine if nasal valve collapse has occurred, has been added to the standard system. This provides information on the flow at various points on the curve and calculates ratios and percentage increases at these points.
- Guidance based on the curves produced to the category of obstruction has been developed into the software analysis based on published work, to support the clinician in diagnosis and comparative study.
|Electrical Safety||BS EN 60601||BS EN 60601|
|CE Mark Class||Class I||Class I|
|Measures Active Anterior Resistance||YES||YES|
|Measures Vertex Resistance||NO||YES|
|Measures Active Posterior Resistance||YES||YES|
|Measures Effective Resistance||NO||YES|
|Complies with SC* Recommendations||YES||YES|
|Measures Standard/Broms/Rohrer Calculations||YES||YES|
|“Best Practise” Batch Facility||NO||YES|
|Data Export Facility||NO||YES|
*SC = Standardisation Committee